Friday, January 10, 2014

Funny it should be so...

Well, when I was younger and made portraits and till quite recently too, I used HB pencils for the entire process, right from the sketching till the shading. The results wouldnt bother me and I would smirk thinking  that using softer leaded pencils like 2B, 3B, etc... was more extravaganza than useful. Well, recently, I tried a portrait with a 3B pencil and the result was much better. Erasing is easier because of the softer tones and even smudging is made easy by using softer pencils. Also, recent use of charcoal, showed how effective they were...

The photos that I post of my drawings on this blog are clicked using very bad camera and hence the final photo is many shades darker than the original sketch. Other than changing the image saturation, I dont see how I can make the photo look more like the original sketch. Any suggestions? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light up my eyes...