Saturday, January 11, 2014

Emma

There's a long story behind this post, this portrait actually. This is one my earliest portraits. I started drawing this in 2010, when I was in class 10. Somehow , I couldnt complete shading this then and the sketch had been lying for quite sometime now. Previously, I had thought of completing this many times but then something or the other always came in the way.

Yesterday night I had nothing else to do. So I thought why not get this done. I started and this is the mid result...




Well, there are a few things that I learnt . Firstly, a sketch kept for so long takes considerable time to be rubbed off. And secondly, 6B pencils are a boon (because I didnt have one to do the darker areas, and had to make do with 3B) !

This portrait was made on normal chart paper material, with HB pencil for the sketching part ( yes I remember ) and 3B used for the shading.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Light up my eyes...